2 cups cauliflower rice (about 1 small to medium sized cauliflower chopped/pulsed into rice sized granules)
2 Teaspoons crushed garlic
1 Onion finely chopped or 2 tsp onion powder
1/4 Cup fresh basil or parsley (optional)
Pinch of salt Salt
Vegan cheese sauce (recipe below )
Note: If you are wanting a quick midweek version you can sub the vegan cheese sauce for:
1 cup vegan or dairy mozzarella and 1/2 Cup vegan or dairy Parmesan
2 Cups of Cashews soaked overnight
1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
1-2 Tablespoons of Lemon juice
3/4 cup dairy-free milk
2 Tablspoons sunflower oil
1 packet Curiously Cauli Crackers Plain
1 cup of plain gluten free flour
1/2 cup dairy-free milk or Aquafaba (strained chickpea brine)
1. Sauté onion and garlic in pan, then add cauliflower rice and let cook for 5 minutes. Set aside
2. Blend soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, non dairy milk, salt and pepper until it forms a smooth creamy consistency.
3. Add vegan sauce to cauliflower rice and stir through until well combined.
Note: If you want to follow the quick version cheese, simply stir both mozzarella and Parmesan through cauliflower rice over medium heat until cheese has melted through.
4. Place mixture into a shallow container or bowl and let chill in the fridge for 3 hours or until completely cool and firm. Meanwhile, blend cauli crackers in processors until they form a bread crumb consistency and set aside for later.
5. To make the arancini, roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls. Coat each ball in flour, then dip in aquafaba or non dairy milk and lastly coat them in the cauli cracker crumbs.
6. Heat enough sunflower oil to cover the base of a medium sized pan.
Shallow fry cauliflower arancini over medium heat for 5- 7 minutes or until Golden brown. Drain on paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
Serve on top of marinara sauce with shaved Parmesan Or on top of a spinach salad topped with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.