Middle Eastern Couscous:
1 cup couscous
½ small onion
1-2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Cumin
1- 1/3 cup low salt vegetable broth
1 tbsp. olive oil
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or mint ¼ chopped almonds
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of pepper
½ cup plain Greek yoghurt OR
Coconut yogurt for Vegan option (to garnish)
How to prepare our Vegan, Turmeric & Cashew Cauli Roast:
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
2. Remove Cauli Roast from packaging and place cauliflower core-side down on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Lightly spray or drizzle olive oil on top of roast, cover top with foil.
3. Place tray in oven and cook for 60 minutes or until a knife easily pierces the core. If you prefer softer cauliflower, and a brown exterior then remove foil from top and broil for 5 minutes longer. For cauliflower with a little bite, roast for less time.
To make the Middle Eastern Couscous:
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the onion and garlic stirring occasionally, until the onion becomes soft and translucent. Then add in the cumin, salt, pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
2. Boil the broth in a pot over high heat, then stir in the couscous and bring to the boil.
3. Once boiled, remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for 5-7 minutes.
4. Scrape a fork through the couscous to fluff it. Add the onion, garlic, cumin and stir them into the couscous with a fork. Then finish with a squeeze in the lemon juice to taste and add chopped almonds.
5. Serve with a slice of Turmeric Roasted Cauli and garnish with yoghurt, remaining almonds and parsley.